You've probably seen them around, either on your social media or slowly popping up in stores. They look kind of funny, sometimes even resembling a macaroon, and come in a wide variety of scents and colors. Everyone is raving about them, but is it just a new fad? Are shampoo (and conditioner) bars really the best option for you, your hair, your wallet, and your planet?
They truly are! And here are the top 5 reasons why:
Consider the shampoo bar the perfect travel companion for any trip you take!
While mini toiletries may be fun-sized, they are no friend to the environment. In fact, most hotels have now banned them due to the absurd amount that end up in our landfills and oceans every year (roughly 200 MILLION). Skip the landfill, and opt for these shampoo bars that are extremely compact and fit in any travel bag! They don't need any packaging once they’ve dried after use, helping to keep your travels simple and low-waste. They are also TSA approved! These bars are perfect to bring camping, to a music festival, or on any adventure your soul so desires!
While not all shampoo bars are created equally, our shampoo bars are filled with natural ingredients that are good (and safe) for you, your hair, AND the environment.
Most liquid shampoos haveSodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), a synthetic lathering agent that dries and irritates the scalp. These synthetic ingredients can leave your hair feeling waxy and stiff. The Earthling Co’s shampoo bars are not only SLS-free but also palm oil-free, paraben-free, silicone-free, preservative-free, cruelty-free and vegan. They boast the benefits of ingredients such as coconut oil, cocoa butter, lemon juice, apricot seed oil, and essential oils. These ingredients work together to lock in moisture, calm the scalp, break down build up, and leave your hair squeaky clean!
Pair these refreshing shampoo benefits with the moisturizing and nourishing powers of our conditioner bars for extra silky smooth strands!
If we want a plastic-free world (and ocean), we have to start investing in plastic-free products. Recycling is no longer the answer as only 9% of plastic EVER created has been recycled. That means the other 91% has been incinerated, is rotting in our landfills, or is littering our natural world. Shampoo and conditioner bottles are no exception as they are hard to recycle, and are often found polluting our oceans. So, what's the solution? Shampoo bars.
Here at The Earthling Co, we wrap our shampoo and conditioner bars in all-natural, home compostable, and biodegradable packaging and seal it with a sticker made from sugar cane. Once you've taken your new bars out of their packaging, you can toss it in the compost, and let the natural ingredients return to the Earth!
As for in the shower, after you’ve finished your wash, simply leave your shampoo and conditioner bars out to dry (we recommend setting it on a soap dish) and it will harden to create a natural packaging. No plastic, no waste, no worries!
There are so many environmental benefits to shampoo (and conditioner) bars, but do they really work? The simple answer is: YES!
These nutrient dense bars lather extremely well, making then insanely easy to use. No matter your hair type, they are designed to rid your hair of build up, moisturize your scalp and strands, and leave your hair feeling clean and nourished!Say goodbye to waxy, heavy, stiff hair!
The conditioner bar, although it can take some getting used to, is just as effective and will leave you wanting to run your fingers through your soft hair all day long!
When first considering the swap, many wonder why such a small bar is the same price as your average bottle of shampoo/conditioner. However, with one highly concentrated bar lasting for 50-75+ washes, it can replace up to 2-3 bottles of shampoo/conditioner respectively and last anywhere from 2-6 months! Therefore, saving you money in the long run. They are also safe for the entire family to use, so you can share these cost effective bars with all your loved ones.
All in all, shampoo and conditioner bars are a compact, natural, zero waste, and long-lasting option for your best, cleanest hair! Not only is these products great for you and your hair, but they are great for your planet and your wallet too. That’s what I call a win-win!
So what are you waiting for?! Head over to our website and grab yourself a set of bars. You won't regret it!
Comments will be approved before showing up.